Homemade Sugar Scrub~guest post by Save More Spend Less with Heidi

Tropical Traditions Coconut Oil is an amazing Virgin Coconut Oil.  I received the quart jar and my mind instantly started racing with what am I going to use that much Coconut oil for.  I knew the obvious cook with it, but then I got to thinking a little outside the box.  I used it as a lotion on my hands one day and I was hooked.  On Sunday I was doing some work around the house and an idea hit me.  Homemade sugar scrub made with Gold Label Virgin Coconut Oil from Tropical Traditions. Within 5 minutes of having the idea I set out to put my plan into motion!!
First step gather all of your ingredients.  Tropical Traditions Coconut Oil, white sugar, bowl, spoon and measuring cup.
I started with a 1/4 a cup of Coconut Oil but after dumping it into the bowl, I decided I would need more.
I used a cup and a half of white sugar and dumped my coconut oil right into the bowl.
So I added 1/2 c more Coconut oil into a microwave safe bowl (I should have been thinking ahead).  Popped it into the microwave for 60 seconds so it would melt.  Added the rest back in and stirred it up.
When It was finished I poured it into a pint size jar so it would stay good.  It took me less than 10 minutes to make and it smelled delicious!!
I used the sugar scrub on my legs, feet, and arms and they are softer than I could have ever imagined.  I have found my favorite use for the Tropical Traditions but there are many other uses for Coconut oil here.

If you don't have Coconut Oil you can substitute olive oil, vegetable oil, and any other type of oil.  Just be careful of the measurements because it will be more of a liquid consistency. 
Heidi Gray  
Save More Spend Less with Heidi
Remember every penny you save adds up in a short amount of time!! 
This looks like one I'm going to have to try. 
If you would like to visit Heidi's blog or follow her just use the links below. ~Beck
https://plus.google.com/u/0/105954536573368836322/posts

2 comments:

  1. I love this and love how easy this was to make, I could make some for everyone in my family,and know that they would enjoy using this.
    @tisonlyme143

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like making bath salts and scrubs. I add essential oils to mine.

    slehan at juno dot com

    ReplyDelete

Love This? Share It!