Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Sing for your Sweet and Sour Supper!



What you will need:

Johnsonville Chicken Sausage Apple flavor
1 cup Cinnamon Applesauce (sugar substitute)
Optional 1/4 cup brown sugar
2 Apples diced
1 Jar Sweet & Sour Red Cabbage
Cinnamon to taste
2 Tablespoon butter/margarine

 Getting Started

Slice your sausages diagonally to give more area to brown.
Dice apples and set to the side.
Add butter to your skillet over high heat. As soon as the butter has melted add your sliced sausages.
Stirring until your sausages have browned.Turn to medium heat. Add your apples, and applesauce (or brown sugar), and cinnamon. Cover with lid and let simmer.
Strain your Red Cabbage.
Stir in the Sweet and Sour Cabbage. Again cover for about 3-5 minutes.
 Serve, and enjoy!
I served this with a wedge of cornbread. For a meatless or to make as a side dish: omit sausage, add more apples and red cabbage My hubby and I enjoyed this. I don't like sausage as much as he does, so next time I'm going to make this without the sausage as a side with fried porkchops. Yum.
 ~Happy Cooking~












11 comments:

  1. ohh....This Recipe looks delicious!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds Yummy! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks so scrumptious...I love red sourkraut!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great recipe! I love the pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It looks divine. The cinnamon caught my attention. Thank you for the recipe.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think this will be great when i make it....I have to! Love cooked apple!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This looks so good especially with the cold weather. I didn't know that the red cabbage was in a jar. Thank you can't wait to try

    ReplyDelete
  8. This recipe looks very tasty. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh this looks yummy! Quick and easy dinner! ...I was wondering what the side dish was, but the corn bread looks tasty too! Can't wait to try this!! Mm

    ReplyDelete
  10. This sounds yummy and looks pretty :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. This looks like a fun recipe. I need to switch it up at home. This looks like a great place to start. I love that it's sweet and sour!

    ReplyDelete

Love This? Share It!